This recipe came about from our love of all things BBQ. We wanted to be able to go about our normal activities and come home to some wonderful pulled pork.
- 4-5lb Pork Butt
- BBQ Rub *Feel free to play with this and create one using your favorite seasonings*
- Soy Sauce *I used low sodium*
- Worcestershire Sauce *I used reduced Sodium*
MY RUB BLEND:
- 1tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1tsp Dry Mustard
- 1tsp Pepper Blend
- 1tsp Chili Powder
- 1tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1ts Granulated Garlic
*This is just a base rub I always adjust it to my taste for the evening and I usually make enough to put into a shaker and use later. This takes adjusting the recipe for this rub to make bulk. It is worth it though.
- Let Butt sit out for 30 min to get room temperature.
- Rub Pork with dry rub on all sides. Salt and pepper as well.
- Place in 6qt crock pot.
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce on each side of butt. *Use tongs and move the Pork while it is in the slow cooker.
- 1 Dash of Soy Sauce on each side.
- Total cook time is 6-8 hours. *high for 1-2hrs and the remainder on low.
<<<<<<This recipe is great to pair with my Easy Vinegar Slaw>>>>>>
***I found that I don’t always have time to adjust the temperature on the slow cooker and that is fine. I do try to get at least 1 hours worth of high heat at some point in time throughout the cooking process. Sometimes it is the first hour and sometimes it is the last hour.***