When we go to the Hibachi restaurant one of our favorite things is the Fried Rice. I have looked over several recipes and blended them together with my own ideas to come up with this easy tasty meal. It is fun for all of us because the kids can help with this one so we all get to be in the kitchen cooking together.
***Put the onion in the fridge an hour before and your eyes will not water near as bad as usual.
***Use butter generously. This is really the only recipe you will catch me giving that tip for. It really makes a difference. I use smart butter with a dash of Olive Oil. The Olive Oil will prevent the butter from burning.
- Cooked rice (4 servings) ****I found a tip that said use cold rice and this is true!!!! I Stick mine in the freezer while I prep other things and it is usually cool enough by the time I am done****
- 2 Eggs
- 3tbsp Soy Sauce ****If you made the Asian Inspired Sauce then I use 2tbsp of it and 1tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen Mixed Vegetables (carrot, green bean, and peas)
- 1 md Onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook onion on Medium-Low heat in olive oil. I use a 12 inch pan.
- After the onion has cooked for 5 minutes add garlic.
- Add 1 egg and cook while mixing.
- Add Veggies (with butter) and cook until tender.
- Add 2nd Egg.
- Add all of cooled rice.
- Add Soy sauce and more butter.
- Fry the rice really well. It will be browned nicely not burned.
- When the rice is done add Sesame oil to rice and stir. (do not cook this in sesame oil)
- Add green onion to mixture and stir.
*****Serve and Enjoy!!!!!*****
******Add Teriyaki Chicken!!!! It is wonderful!******