This recipe came directly from my mother. I have added onion, peppers, and a few other seasonings.
- 1lb Ground Beef 80/20 ***I have used ground turkey or chicken as well***
- Half a box of elbow noodles
- 2 Bell peppers ***I use green, yellow, or orange to break up the red color.
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 can family sized tomato soup ***I always grab 2 cans but I only use 1 for a family of 5***
- 1ts diced garlic ***I like the squeeze bottle version you can get at the grocery store***
- 1ts Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
*****I use a soup pot for this*****
- Dice both bell peppers and onion.
- Saute Onion, Bell Peppers, and Garlic on Medium High until the onions are translucent.
- Put raw meat in your pot with the cooked onions, bell peppers, and garlic.
- Season meat in pot with Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper.
- Cook on medium high heat until meat is browned do not drain the meat. **keep an eye on it and adjust the heat accordingly all stoves are slightly different**
- Add Tomato soup to the meat mixture.
- Turn heat on Low and put a lid on mixture.
- Cook the pasta by following the instructions on the Box.
- When done add the noodles about half a cup at a time. This will allow you to avoid having too many noodles in the dish.
****I usually serve this with Pillsbury crescent rolls.