Who doesn’t like pizza? With a family of 5 I have found it is so hard to please everyone. So, we came up with the fun idea to do a Pizza Bar whenever we want a quick easy meal. It is a fun activity for the kids too! They love to participate by building their own masterpiece. In the photos we used flat breads. I personally like using Pita bread. Don’t forget to split the Pita bread in half. It makes all the difference!
TYPES OF PIZZAS:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Margherita Pizza
- Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 Chicken Breast (depends on amount of people) ***I like to boil my chicken for this recipe. It usually takes about 20 minutes.***
- 3 Pieces of fried bacon (thick cut)
- 1lb Crumbled sausage cooked
- Pepperoni (I buy the package in the pizza prep area at the grocery store)
***You can use left over meat or pre-cook it ahead of time and put it in the fridge until you are ready to make the pizzas. I usually make it in the morning and store it until dinner.***
- 4tbsp Basil cut into ribbons
- 3 small tomatoes cut into slices
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- Olive oil (enough to drizzle and brush on flatbread/pita
- Garlic powder (enough to sprinkle on each flatbread/pita
- 2-4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Red Pizza sauce (pre-prepared is fine)
- White pizza sauce (pre-prepared is fine)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees for flatbread. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees if using Pita Bread.
- Cook Meats or get meat from fridge where you stored it.
- Chop onion, basil, and tomato.
- Drizzle each flatbread/pita with 1tbsp olive oil and brush to cover bread.
- Sprinkle each piece of bread with garlic powder. You don’t need a lot.
*****Pre-bake flatbread for 2-3 minutes at this point and then continue. Do not pre-bake Pita bread.*****
Build Your Own Pizza
***DO NOT BAKE FRESH BASIL. Sprinkle it over pizza right after you pull it from the oven.***
- Spread 1-3tbsp (depends on how much you like and if you used flatbread or pita bread.) of sauce on bread. ***No sauce on the Margherita Pizza***
- Sprinkle desired amount of cheese onto bread.
- Add desired toppings.
****Put flatbread/pita in oven for 10 minutes.****
This will make a thin cracker like crust. Every oven is different so please use your better judgement when baking these pizzas.