At every family gathering and event we always have devilled eggs. I’m pretty sure this is primarily a southern tradition. At 17 I was told to make them. I was given but one tip: “Figure it out.” So, that is exactly what I did and this recipe is the result. It has evolved extensively over the years.
- Boiled eggs (I used a dozen)
- 2/3 cup Mayo
- 1/4ts Honey
- 1tbsp Mustard
- a pinch of Paprika
- a pinch of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 whole medium Pickle diced
*****To boil the eggs perfectly put the eggs in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3-5 minutes. Cover and move off of stove. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Peel under cool running water (slow stream).*****
- Half each egg and put all yolks in a bowl.
- Use fork to mash-up all the yolks.
- Add all other ingredients in this order: Mayo, mustard, paprika, garlic powder, mustard, honey, pickle, salt, and pepper. STIR in between each ingredient.
- Use a spoon and fill each egg.
- Sprinkle a little paprika over each egg.
- Rfrigerate until ready to serve.