I am southern raised and I love the cooking down here! You can’t escape the fact that we love fried food. We don’t eat it all the time but we have access to some of the best recipes. My girls love pickles and I have been perfecting this recipe. It has been lots of trial and error.
- 1 jar kosher dill pickle (sliced in 1in chips)
- Butter milk (enough to cover pickle chips)
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Soak pickle chips in Buttermilk for 4 or more hours. **All day or over night is great**
- Put panko, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Heat Olive oil on medium.
- Batter each chip and fry until golden.
- Serve with ranch and enjoy!
****I let the kids get their hands dirty. It is a great opportunity to get them in the kitchen with you and let them batter the pickles.****