This is a long time favorite of ours. Our good friend taught me how to make the original version of this recipe and I have since altered it to fit our tastes. The versatility that this side dish has is wonderful.
- 2 large Cucumbers
- 5 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 medium White Onion
- 1tbsp Thyme*
- 1tbsp Rosemary*
*You can use dill as well!*
- Slice cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion thinly. You can use a mandolin but I prefer a knife.
- Layer each ingredient. cucumber, tomato, and onion until you use all of each item.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over everything.
- Pour in vinegar to cover top layer and add salt.
- I like to use a container I can shake. I put the lid on and shake.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and serve. It is always better the next day.
This pairs great with Fingerling Potatoes and Lamb Ribs.