I have developed a love to bake. I have started to try mixing up recipes and using fruit that I normally would not and it has been an exciting endeavor. I usually use the already prepped pie crust. You will need to cover the edges with foil before baking.
- 7-9 medium Peaches (Skin Off)
- 1/4-1/2 cup white Sugar
- 3tbsp Flour
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- A dash of cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 cup of White Sugar
- 3 Egg whites
- In a mixer (on High) beat egg whites until white peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar and keep mixing on high until the peaks stiffen.
To Peel Peaches
- Boil a pot of water and add the peaches 3-4 at a time. Let boil for 3-5 minutes. Remove and if the peaches are ripe the skin will peel off. Im very impatient so I do this under cold running water.
***Preheat oven to 400 degrees***
- Cut peaches in to slices and place in mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, flour, cinnamon sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add to pie crust. Cover edges in aluminum foil to avoid burning the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then pull out of the oven and top with the meringue.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes to cook meringue.
- Let cool. Enjoy!