Ribs are the first smoked meat that my husband perfected. He loves the process of smoking food. It is an all day affair and a great way for us to spend time together as a family.
**There is a membrane on the back on the ribs that you can pull off. It makes for a more tender rib in my opinion.**
!!! We use 1/8cup dry measuring cup. Each 1/8 cup is a part.!!!
- 5 Parts Brown Sugar
- 1 Part Paprika
- 2 Parts Chili Powder
- 1/2 Part Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Part Dry Ginger
- 1/4 Part Cayenne
- 1/2 Part Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Part Onion Powder
- 1/2 Part Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
****Reserve 1/4 of the rub and set to the side.****
***Mix seasoning together. Coat meat liberally with rub.***
You can let the meat marinate in the fridge 1hr-overnight. Take the meat out of the fridge and allow it to get to room temperature before putting on the smoker.
- Get the smoker between 250 degrees and 270 degrees.
- Smoke the meat unwrapped for 2 hours.
- Tear a large piece of foil and put the 1/4 of rub you reserved at the beginning on the aluminum, drizzle honey over rub, and then place meat on top and wrap then put back on the smoker for about 3 more hours.
- Pull from smoker let sit for 20 minutes. Enjoy!