This was a fun thing I created to entice my children to try something new….. Yes a potato. I know you parents out there feel our pain. There was a short time there where our children were fickle about what they ate. So one day we decided to make some baked potatoes and lay out all of the common toppings. We let the children dress their own potatoes however they chose and now we have “Potato lovers”! It is also a good easy go to meal. We have sinced dubbed this meal the “Potato bar.”
- 1 Russet Potato per person
- 6-10 Scallions chopped
- 6-8 Slices of Bacon chopped
- 1-2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- Butter, Salt, and Pepper to taste.
- Olive oil. (Drizzle per potato)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and poke holes on each side of potato with fork.
- Rub each potato with Olive oil and salt. On each side.
- Place on baking rack. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cook and chop bacon.
- Assemble each potato. I usually assemble: Open potato and mash slightly. Add 1tbsp butter. Add Salt and pepper. Add 1/2 tbsp sour cream. mix. Add a handful of cheese. Add Bacon and Scallion.