We love chicken soup on cold days. When we are sick it is our go to comfort food. This recipe is something that my husband makes a lot when the weather is cold and gloomy. We usually make a large pot and eat on it throughout the day.
- About 1 cup of chopped Celery
- About 1 cup of chopped Carrot
- (2) 48oz Cartons of Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme (chopped)
- 1 Large Sprig of Rosemary (chopped)
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 (4oz) Chicken Breasts
- Boil all the chicken in the chicken stock until chicken is done. (you can chop veggies while the chicken is cooking)
- Remove chicken and place on a cutting board.
- Add all vegetables and herbs to the stock.
- Chop or shred chicken and add to stock pot.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.