I honestly don’t know why I just decided to delve into the world of cooking collard greens. It is such a tasty side dish. Heck around here it is our new go to green!
- 6 Cloves of garlic minced
- 32oz Chicken Broth
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4-5 Dashes of Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 Dashes (or more) of your favorite hot sauce
- 8-10 Slices of bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1lb bag of Collard Greens
- Heat a large Soup pan on medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add Onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add 1/2 of broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add collard greens then pour the rest of the broth over the greens. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover the greens and once they have cooked down a bit add Vinegar and hot sauce.
- Simmer for about 2 hours.