I love mac and cheese. As a matter of fact… who doesn’t? Well this is not a gourmet recipe. I have tweaked it a bit but my mom used to take the block of velveeta and make the most delectable side dish. I still remember the Thanksgiving she made a huge batch and dropped it on the floor. I had never seen people ready to eat off of the floor until this happened.
- 16oz Block of 2% milk Velveeta
- 2tbsp Butter
- 2 cups (dry) Elbow Noodles
- 1ts Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2-1tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup Milk
- 1tbsp Sour Cream
- Boil the noodles according to the box directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the water that the noodles cook in and put it to the side.
- Cut the block of cheese into cubes.
- Heat a sauce pan on low.
- Add Cheese, Butter, and Milk. Keep the heat on low. It does take a while for the cheese to melt but it prevents it from scorching.
- Add the reserved water.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Add the garlic powder, sour cream, and hot sauce.
- Pour noodles into the cheese sauce and enjoy.
**** If it is thicker than you would like then add more milk a tablespoon at a time. You can always add more but you can’t take any out.****
****** I add fresh chopped tomato to my individual serving….. YUM so good.******