A couple of years ago we decided to start eating healthier. While most of the recipes we post are hearty this is more of what we eat on a daily basis. It started with a simple boiled chicken breast, plain brown rice, avocado, and lime. We have since tweaked it to be more flavorful!
- 1 Chicken Breast per person
- 2 Lemon (zest and juice)
- Generous amount of Cracked Black Pepper
- Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Large Mushrooms (chefs choice)
- 2 md-lg Garlic Cloves chopped
- Chicken Stock
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1/2ts Garlic Powder
- Juice from 1 whole lime
- Hot Sauce (if desired)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Part 1 **Chicken**
- Marinate the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle half of the zest over chicken breasts.
- Generously pepper this side.
- Take a spoon and press lemon into chicken.
- Add red pepper if you want.
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Add lemon juice and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Grill breasts until done.
Part 2 **Brown Rice**
- Chop the mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Follow the directions on the brown rice box. With the exceptions as follows: instead of water use chicken broth. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the pot after the dry rice so everything can cook together.
Part 3 ***Avocado Mix***
- Cube 2 Avocados. I like this to remain chunky and not have a paste like texture.
- Add juice from 1 lime and mix.
- Add 1/2ts garlic powder and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- You can keep everything separated or mix it all together. We prefer to mix everything together and add hot sauce.