I have to totally brag about my husband when it comes to this recipe. It is just amazing. I would honestly put these wraps against any you would buy in restaurants. He made this up on the fly one day when we felt like staying home and pantry cooking. Now it is a house staple. We actually do a lot of lettuce wraps. My personal favorite has to be Manwich Wraps!
- 1-2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/2 Bell pepper Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- 5 Baby Carrots Diced
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Soy sauce
**If you would like you can add finely chopped jalapeno to the mix.**
- Wash the lettuce and carefully peel the leaves trying to keep them intact. These will be used as the wrap.
- Dice the pepper and onion. Finely chop the jalapeno if you choose to add it.
- Chop the chicken into small bite sized cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili sauce to the bowl and stir. This will coat each piece of chicken thoroughly.
- Put the carrot, pepper, and onion into the bowl and stir.
- *Heat the wok on high.
- Add 1-2 tbsp oil into the pan.
- Pour everything from the bowl into the wok. It will be hot so be careful!
- Cook until the chicken is done. Stir frequently.
- Spoon the Mixture into each lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle some jalapeno on each wrap for a little heat.
*Remember when cooking on high with something such as a wok take precautions. Always have a fire extinguisher on hand. My husband usually cooks with the wok on the smaller eye of our stove as opposed to the larger one.