This is one of the side dishes that we pair with almost everything. You could say it is one of our house staples. We even eat this raw. In these photos, the squash and zucchini were cut by our daughter Ava. She was super excited because she got her Curious Chef knives in and really wanted to try them out. To be honest they are a little hard to work with but for what they are we actually like them.
- 1 small bottle of Italian Dressing (your favorite)
- 3 medium or large Zucchini
- 3 medium or large yellow Squash
- Cut up the squash and Zucchini. This can be done by cutting them into circles or lengthwise. We chose lengthwise this night.
- Place in a large Ziploc bag or bowl.
- Shake the dressing and pour the whole bottle over the squash and zucchini.
- Let sit for 30 minutes or longer.
- Grill on a medium or high flame for about 5 minutes per side. ( until you get good grill marks and the vegetables are done.
- Add salt and pepper if you desire.
She did such a good job!
It is a great side dish for Big J’s Smoked Beer Can Chicken!