Okay, so sweet tea is a southern staple. I have family that resides in Minnesota. On our treks up north, we hit a point to where classic sweet tea is not on any menu. That is a devastating blow to most southern tea drinkers! It honestly took me a little tweaking (with the sugar) but this is how I have always remembered tea tasting! So sweet it is dessert in a glass!
It is easy and I will warn you it has A Lot of sugar in it! If you like it less sweet then play with the amount of sugar you use.
- 4 Lipton Iced Tea Bags
- 2 quarts Filtered Water
- 3 cups of white granulated sugar
- Add the water to a large pot. Add the tea bags and bring to a boil.
- Allow the tea bags to simmer in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Remove from the heat and let cool
- Once cooled add to a 2 1/2 quart or larger pitcher.
***You can also make this with Lipton cold brew tea. The only difference is you can pour the water directly into the pitcher and then add the tea bags. Let them sit for about 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard. Stir in sugar and that’s it!***