We love to make soups! Especially when it is cold outside. You know one of the best things about making soup? It is really hard to mess up. Never underestimate your soup cooking ability;)
- 1 can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups of Frozen Vegetables (Mixed Variety)
- 1 Large Package of your favorite pre-made Tortellini
- Thyme and Rosemary (Use these to your taste or switch them out and use different herbs. I used about 1 tbsp of each)
- 1 White onion Chopped
- 2 (32oz) Cartons of Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 6 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 ts: All Purpose Seasoning and Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add a dash a Cayenne if you wish!
- 1 lb of Chicken breast
- Heat a large soup pan on medium heat add the olive oil and the butter. I add olive oil to the butter to help prevent the butter from burning. Which, has happened to me on more than one occasion!
- Sautee the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the Stock and the chicken breasts. Bring the stock up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 20-30 min. At this point, the chicken should be done.
- Remove each breast and check with a meat thermometer. It should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit. *I usually pull them at 155 degrees Fahrenheit but that is my personal preference because they will continue to cook while they sit.
- After the chicken has cooled add back to the simmering stock.
- Add veggies and seasonings. Let simmer for an additional 15 minutes covered.
- Add Tortellini and let cook for 10-15 more minutes.
Garnish with Sour Cream and Basil if you want! Heck, add some cream for an alternative version!