This is one of my all time favorite soups! I love making it and I adore eating it!
*This recipe will serve 2-4 people. Have some oven safe soup dishes or bowls that you can utilize!*
- 3 Large onions thinly sliced ( I use a variety usually a Red, White, and Yellow onion.)
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter (sometimes I add a little more. It just depends on my mood.)
- 16oz Beef Broth
- 16oz Chicken Broth
- 1 ts Granulated garlic
- 1 ts Gun Powder Seasoning
- 2 Slices of Provolone per bowl
- 1-2 Slices of Toasted French Bread per Bowl
- Heat a medium sized soup pan on medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil and butter to the pan and add each onion as you slice them to the heated pan. Salt and pepper each layer of onion.
- Add minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and reduce to medium heat let the onions cook down stirring occasionally. This can take between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and beef broth, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and gun powder seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Let simmer for 20 or more minutes.
- Toast your french bread and have it sitting to the side. Butter it and dust it with granulated garlic or any seasonings that you desire.
- Place a piece of toasted bread in the bowl and spoon the soup mixture over it.
- Add another piece of bread to the top. Mash the bread down to soak in the liquid.
- Cover soup bowl with the cheese.
- Place bowls on a baking dish or pan and put in an oven heated to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This should be on broil!.
- Keep an eye on them and broil until the cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
Let cool and ENJOY!