If you follow this blog then you know I have a great love for crescent rolls. Well, this is a fun way to whip up some easy cinnamon rolls using crescent dough sheets. If you want mini cinnamon rolls then only use 1 sheet.
- 2 tubes of Crescent Sheets
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted butter (In the photos I have used more because I also use this to make the Sweet Butter Glaze)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use about 1 tbsp or more of flour and sprinkle it over your work surface. This will prevent the dough from sticking.
- Open each tube and lay the dough out. allow both doughs to overlap at one end. We are going to make this one big sheet of dough.
- Sprinkle about 1tbsp or so of flour over the dough so it won’t stick to rolling pin. Roll out the dough just to increase the surface area slightly.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Liberally coat the dough with cinnamon sugar.
- At one end of the dough begin to roll it. Roll it until it is is a complete log.
- I usually brush the crease with butter to seal.
- Cut into about 2-inch sections and place each in a round greased cake pan or on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the cinnamon rolls with butter and then liberally sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of each roll.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls are golden.
- Pull out of the oven and if you want to add a glaze then make Sweet Butter Glaze.
- Top each roll with some of the glaze and pop them back in the oven for a couple of minutes or until the glaze begins to run.
*Sometimes we double the amount of glaze we make for these.