Okay, I am going, to be honest, I always made potatoes from the box… Until I met Josh, well, until I met his grandmother. She schooled me in the ways of making great smashed, mashed, and loaded potatoes! This was over 10 years ago and the recipe has evolved since then.
**This recipe usually serves 2-4 people**
- 1 (32oz) Carton of Chicken Broth
- 3 Russet Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2-3 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese (or your favorite)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour broth into a medium-sized soup pan. Place peeled and cubed potatoes in the broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are completely soft.
- Drain potatoes.
- Keep the potatoes in the pan (if you use a colander just add them back to the pan) and add butter. Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add milk, sour cream, garlic, and Cheese. Mix until incorporated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.