I love to have a good old fashioned southern meal. Pinto beans with some cornbread and onion is an absolutely amazing dish.
- 1lb bag of dry Pinto Beans
- 1/2 White Onion Chopped
- 1 ts Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste *** I love my salt in this dish***
- Rinse the beans in a colander. Check for rocks and other abnormalities.
- In a large stock pot add beans and cover with water. About 2 inches above the beans.
- Bring to a boil. Let boil hard for 2 minutes. Remove from heat (still covered) and let sit for 1 hour.
- Add water if needed (you want beans covered).
- Place back on stove and heat to boiling. Reduce to low, add onion, granulated garlic, and cook (covered) for 2-3 hours or until beans are tender.
- Make Easy Southern Cornbread and pair it with this southern delicacy!
**Scallions make a great garnish**