Cornbread is the staple of the south. Everyone knows some variation on this bread. Some make super sweet ones and others make savory ones. Regardless they are all amazing.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 ts Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 inch round pan.
- Melt butter on low in a pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk egg, milk, and melted butter together. (add hot butter gradually so you won’t cook the egg)
- Add flour, cornmeal, honey, sugar, salt, granulated garlic, and onion powder.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test! (Put a toothpick in the middle of the bread. If it pulls out clean then the cornbread is done.)
- Let cool and serve with some Crazy Easy Pinto Beans!