Jalapeno poppers are so delicious. I love the slight heat paired with the robust flavor of the cheese and bacon. What better way than to grill them?
- 7.5 oz Whipped Chive Cream Cheese
- 1 Piece of Bacon Per Jalapeno
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I use cheddar but use your favorite)
- Desired amount of poppers ( I usually make between 10 and 15 of these)
- 1 Toothpick per Jalapeno
*** Soak the toothpicks in water for 10-15 minutes before using them.***
- Cook bacon in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 17-18 minutes. They will be pliable but done. These will crisp up on the grill.
- Set out the cream cheese and shredded cheese for 30 minutes and then mix them together in a large bowl.
- Core the jalapenos. Remove the seeds and vein.
- Stuff the cheese mixture into each jalapeno.
- Wrap each with a piece of bacon securing the bacon with the toothpick.
- On the grill turn all of the burners on high and let it sit closed for 15 minutes.
- Turn off 1/3 of the burners on the grill. I place each popper in a stand I have for this recipe. Place the stand with poppers on the side of the grill that is off. Leave the other half still on high.
- Cook them on indirect heat with the lid shut for 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool.