Tomato soup is just amazing! I know, we can all pop a can of the Campbell’s version open and enjoy immediately but there is just something about a good homemade tomato soup! Try this super easy version and pair it will a grilled cheese! You won’t be sorry. Especially as the weather is taking a cooler turn!
- 2 (28 ounces) Cans of Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Large White Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 3/4 – 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 Tbsp partially Dried Basil
- 1 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
**If you want you can chop some fresh basil for a garnish. Sprinkle this over a dollop of sour cream.**
***You will need an emulsion blender for this recipe. You could also use a conventional blender.***
- Heat Oil or butter over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, dried basil, and stock. Bring to a boil. Then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use your emulsion blender to puree the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Add heavy cream and sour cream. I sometimes add more partially dried basil but that
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish if you desire. Add a grilled cheese and you’re in business:)